Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Recipe that Made the Cut!

Creamy Polenta Lasagne

It simply cannot be a coincidence that the food that is so emblematic of my family's culture, of the place my father came from, of the place my family has always referred to as "back home", is the very food that has brought me this exciting, wonderful, inspiring opportunity. An opportunity to meet a world-renowned chef, come together with other women like me from across this country and to cook in front of an audience in Kraft Canada's gleaming (I imagine them as gleaming! I'll know in just two weeks!) kitchens. Yes, it is no wonder that the food that saved my family during WWII  (thus making my existence possible) is the same food that has opened up this new adventure in my life. It is humble, blessed, polenta.

Please view my recipe on the wonderful Real Women of PHILADEPHIA site at http://www.realwomenofphiladelphia.ca/user/recipe/creamy-polenta-lasagna

I am in full-on polenta lasagne training now! More than a few neighbours have come home to find a baking dish of polenta lasagna on their doorstep. Next up, I may be testing it on our neighbourhood bear and her cubs. Now there's a beautiful Italy-meets-Canada moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment